I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hallo,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 onto my HDD and now have changed
the Graphics card, Firewire card etc. The boot is automatically loading
Hardware profile from etc/modules and still assuming my old Graphics card.
And finally I dont get any Desktop but only a shell/command prompt.
Can someone tell me how I can force my HDD install to rescan my Hardware
once and everytime ?
Thanks and Regards
Bala
I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hi, I just posted this same reply to a similar question dated August 3 --
*** Boot Knoppix from CD, and copy the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that it creates, to your HD. Worked for me. ***
This doesn't answer your exact question, but will get your X server running.
cheers

Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot
$199.95
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00
(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99
Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00