I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hallo,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 onto my HDD and now have changed
the Graphics card, Firewire card etc. The boot is automatically loading
Hardware profile from etc/modules and still assuming my old Graphics card.
And finally I dont get any Desktop but only a shell/command prompt.
Can someone tell me how I can force my HDD install to rescan my Hardware
once and everytime ?
Thanks and Regards
Bala
I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hi, I just posted this same reply to a similar question dated August 3 --
*** Boot Knoppix from CD, and copy the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that it creates, to your HD. Worked for me. ***
This doesn't answer your exact question, but will get your X server running.
cheers

MINIX NEO Z83-4 MAX Fanless Mini PC Win 11 Pro 4GB 128GB Home Lab Linux Server
$69.99
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00
Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade
$187.50
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00
HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00
SQL Server 2025 Enterprise 20 Core Unlimited CALs Retail License
$349.99