-
Knoppix on a usb hard drive with my multimeida(dual purpose)
I'm in search of advice on hwo to realise my wishes.
I would like to setup a 40 GB external usb hard drive so that if plugged in normally, a FAT32 partion can been seen in any OS, which would have my multimedia and data.
But I would also like that if I'm in a pinch, I can connect the drive preboot, and with the BIOS's permission, boot to the ext. drive, and have a knoppix install bootup, autodetect the hardware as necessary, and allow me to access my data.
If possible, I'd also like to keep the a home dir on the knoppix install synced with my currect home dir in FC4.
Any ideas?
I would appreciate some detailed partioning advice also.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By 4ockii in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
-
By 03myersd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By martinkong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By wex in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00