Quote Originally Posted by iamdigitalman
well, I do have a USb 1.0 card installed. I cheated though, and threw my HDD in the KAYAK, and intalled Knoppix to the HDD that was from my machine. the computer now boots to the KDE, but there is WAY more that was installed on the disk than what I need. all I want is for it to host about 1.0gb of file on my home nwtwork. It is also running VERY slow with all that extra junk. It takes about 10-20 minutes from the push of the power button, till it fully loads into the KDE. I am going to run a memory test later on. -digital
Knoppix is for demoing and test-driving Linux, in particular on machines with Windows installed. Sounds like you want to do a bit more. That doesn't mean Knoppix can't do what you want, but rather that other distros may be better suited. Have a look at other Knoppix-based distros or even other LiveCDs.

If you insist on using Knoppix, try booting with a less intensive GUI manager:
boot: knoppix desktop=icewm
or even no GUI at all:
boot: knoppix 3

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/