I have been trying to get a DVD player to work with my installation of Knoppix 3.8. So far I have downloaded libdvdcss and installed that and now my DVDs play. But they keep dropping frames which means that the action is very slow and jerky.
I went through all the diagnositcs suggested by Xine but still couldn't get it to run properly. Then, while googling the issue, I found that someone had suggested that Totem runs better and so I tried installing that. However, my system could not find the package libhal0 and so the installation failed.
I have searched the internet for the libhal0 deb package but cannot find a valid link.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any tips on playing DVD under knoppix? Or links to good 'howto' sites?
That would be a great help.
Regards,
Alan Searle.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99