-
problem with KDM when remaster knoppix for cd
Hi,
I m remastering knoppix in order to have it similar to a common desktop.
I ve changed wallpapers, Kmenus, etc....
But one important point on my live cd, is that I want users to authenticate with kdm. (then I will try to change lib pams to authenticate with ldap or sthing else).
So after cleaning useless packets and purge, i ve tried to configure kdm :
Code:
apt-get --purge remove kdm
apt-get install kdm (chose kdm as default desktop manager).
dpkg-reconfigure kdm (to be sure)
I make my iso as usual.
I load my image in vmware...... and:
Everything start fine, then KDM window for loggin appears. But then the splash screen of kde appears and kde starts as knoppix user. But I still haven t authenticate, and my kdm window is still here.
I thought that it was something in the /etc/rcS.d/S00autoconfig-knoppix, but after some changes I still have the problem.
Thanks for your help. I m looking for a solution for days.
Edit:
I ve tried gdm (dpkg-reconfigure gdm).
I have the gdm window, and the kde doesn t start (Fine). But when I try to login knoppix/knoppix, the screen become black and gdm restart. When i try another user login, nex_user/new_user, I have an error message (xlib : connexion to ":0.0" refused by server) (Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE) (ksplash cannot connect to server :0). Did anyone succed in using kdm or gdm in cd remastering????
PS: when i create a new user in chroot when i m remastering, (adduser) it creates the /home/new_user directory. But when i will log as new_user, it tells me that /ramdisk/home/new_user doesn t exist. Is there a trick??
Similar Threads
-
By chip.ling in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
-
By johnnybhoy67 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 12:52 PM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 10:27 PM
-
By bfree in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By tnt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99