-
Help with partimage please
I have been trying to use partimage from knoppix to back-up the ubuntu installation on my laptop (/hda2 to the home partition /hda3).
I type in a terminal the following
'sudo partimage -z2 save /dev/hda2 /mnt/hd3/ubuntu.partimg.bz2'
I can F5 through the partimage windows until the end where I get the error message "cannot create temp file on [/mnt/hda3], please check that you have room and access rights."
'df' tells me that /hda3 has 13GB of free space
'ls -l /mnt' tells me that /hda3 belongs to root with rwx access for root
If I open a root terminal the end result is the same.
'sudo partimage -z2 save /dev/hda2 ubuntu.partimg.bz2' starts the whole process with the image file going into /knoppix/home. This unfortunately is far too small for the resulting file.
Can anyone help?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Help with partimage please
The filesystem on /mnt/hda3 should not be NTFS; is it?
Also, it's best to use a native Linux filesystem to store backup files (like ext3 or reiserfs ) instead of Fat32, because Fat32 has a 2GB filesize limitation.
Post results of " mount "

Originally Posted by
alastair lewis
I have been trying to use partimage from knoppix to back-up the ubuntu installation on my laptop (/hda2 to the home partition /hda3).
I type in a terminal the following
'sudo partimage -z2 save /dev/hda2 /mnt/hd3/ubuntu.partimg.bz2'
I can F5 through the partimage windows until the end where I get the error message "cannot create temp file on [/mnt/hda3], please check that you have room and access rights."
'df' tells me that /hda3 has 13GB of free space
'ls -l /mnt' tells me that /hda3 belongs to root with rwx access for root
If I open a root terminal the end result is the same.
'sudo partimage -z2 save /dev/hda2 ubuntu.partimg.bz2' starts the whole process with the image file going into /knoppix/home. This unfortunately is far too small for the resulting file.
Can anyone help?
Similar Threads
-
By fanbanlo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 04:10 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 07:57 AM
-
By MickKi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:00 PM
-
By deejay in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
-
By Simba in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 14.6 in Wi-Fi Tablet 256MB Black w/ Keyboard Case Bundle
$700.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99