-

Originally Posted by
tdjokic
@knopnoob2005: I know very well Mepis and Knoppix. First of all, Knoppix is not good for hdd installation. Kanotix is better. Second, installation of Knoppix / Kanotix is (for me) easier than this of Mepis - you have overview of everything before start of installation. Some things are different and you can setup and configure on some other way, that's all. BTW, did you see this:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/knoppix1 - it is a bit big and slow, but it can be save on hdd.
Hello...I did see the irongeek stuff and I did install knoppix 3.9 on my hard drive.Only a few bugs.number one is that I can`t download libdvdcss2 or dvdrip or dvdbackup or libdvdread3 or libdvdplay0..tried and tried but no luck...I noticed that there weren`t as many sources on the repository list as in mepis...could that be it? Actually I installed it twice...first time I did the beginner install and all of a sudden my sound card was not detected any more.so right away I did a re-install doing the exact cd copy instead of the debian one..sound card worked again only there was no sign in and I had no idea what the root password was.I could get into root access by clicking on the penguin and opening up a root shell,but it seemed too hokey.I like to be able to get into root the normal way.I do like the look of the desktop.does anybody know what steps to take to cure my op problems?All I want is to be able to back up my boughten dvd`s for safekeeping.And I like to watch my dvd collection on my computer.I couldn`t do that with knoppix so I re-installed mepis 3.3.In no time at all I was watching dvd`s again.How does one get these programs onto a knoppix box?If I can do this I would re-install knoppix on the hard drive.That`s what you call good clean fun...lol
Similar Threads
-
By teknowil in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
-
By darkkterror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
-
By EvAnE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
-
By amit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00