-

Originally Posted by
tdjokic
@knopnoob2005: I know very well Mepis and Knoppix. First of all, Knoppix is not good for hdd installation. Kanotix is better. Second, installation of Knoppix / Kanotix is (for me) easier than this of Mepis - you have overview of everything before start of installation. Some things are different and you can setup and configure on some other way, that's all. BTW, did you see this:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/knoppix1 - it is a bit big and slow, but it can be save on hdd.
Wow..you say that Kanotix is easier to install than Mepis?I`d really have to see that one for myself.Mepis has the best install package that I have ever seen,with five different ways to install:aveage install ,dual booting,custom install,merging home and root,re-installing on custom partitions...the list goes on...Anyways I`m going to re-install knoppix on mt hard drive just as soon as we can figure out(or someone just tell me)how to get libdvdcss2,libdvdread3,libdvdplay0,vdvrip,dvdbacku p onto my knoppix box.these are the programs that i used while running mepis to play my dvd`s and rip dvd`s.Untill that time it`s Mepis all the way.I just finished trying the new mepis 3.3.1-1 or something (released in june2005 I think)didn`t think it was much better than 2004 mepis(I actually like 2004 Simply mepis 3.3 the best,I think I would loike knoppix a bit better if I can get my programs to enable dvd watching and copying)I really like the look of the 3.9 desktop.Yup it`s hard drive install or nothing for me.I don`t know how anybody could run a live cd all of the time.how do you play a cd or a dvd.It`s so aesy to install knoppix on the hard drive(Irongeek helped a lot with his tutorial) that I don`t know what all of the fuss is about.And Mepis is even easier to install(on the hard drive) than any others that I have found...Actually I think I may set a dual boot with Mepis and knoppix,that might be fun for a while.Don`t forget my idea of fun is loading a new system on the hard drive and trying it out,even for only a few minutes sometimes.In the last month I have tried Damn Small Linux(didn`t like it)knoppix 3.6(not bad)mepispro(pretty good)simplymepis 3.3(Best one so far)SimplyMepis 3.3.1-1 (June 2005)I like 2004 SimplyMepis 3.3 the best,but I think I will like knoppix even better(On the hard drive and programs I want in place) ok...nuff for now ,I tend to ramble on now and then....have a good one...k
Similar Threads
-
By teknowil in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
-
By darkkterror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
-
By EvAnE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
-
By amit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99