-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
knopnoob2005
Wow..you say that Kanotix is easier to install than Mepis?I`d really have to see that one for myself.Mepis has the best install package that I have ever seen,with five different ways to install:aveage install ,dual booting,custom install,merging home and root,re-installing on custom partitions...the list goes on...Anyways I`m going to re-install knoppix on mt hard drive just as soon as we can figure out(or someone just tell me)how to get libdvdcss2,libdvdread3,libdvdplay0,vdvrip,dvdbacku p onto my knoppix box.these are the programs that i used while running mepis to play my dvd`s and rip dvd`s.Untill that time it`s Mepis all the way.I just finished trying the new mepis 3.3.1-1 or something (released in june2005 I think)didn`t think it was much better than 2004 mepis(I actually like 2004 Simply mepis 3.3 the best,I think I would loike knoppix a bit better if I can get my programs to enable dvd watching and copying)I really like the look of the 3.9 desktop.Yup it`s hard drive install or nothing for me.I don`t know how anybody could run a live cd all of the time.how do you play a cd or a dvd.It`s so aesy to install knoppix on the hard drive(Irongeek helped a lot with his tutorial) that I don`t know what all of the fuss is about.And Mepis is even easier to install(on the hard drive) than any others that I have found...Actually I think I may set a dual boot with Mepis and knoppix,that might be fun for a while.Don`t forget my idea of fun is loading a new system on the hard drive and trying it out,even for only a few minutes sometimes.In the last month I have tried Damn Small Linux(didn`t like it)knoppix 3.6(not bad)mepispro(pretty good)simplymepis 3.3(Best one so far)SimplyMepis 3.3.1-1 (June 2005)I like 2004 SimplyMepis 3.3 the best,but I think I will like knoppix even better(On the hard drive and programs I want in place) ok...nuff for now ,I tend to ramble on now and then....have a good one...k

Step 1.) Your post is a mess. Please use the ENTER key & make paragraphs.
Step 2.) In order to get those DVD libs & programs, you will need to add a new repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list file. Visit http://debian.video.free.fr/ and toward the bottom of the the page, it shows you the line you need to add.
Step 3.) Run your package utility of choice and perform an update of the HD package lists: aptitude update, apt-get update
Step 4.) Then run your package utility of choice (apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, etc.) and install those packages.
Similar Threads
-
By teknowil in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
-
By darkkterror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
-
By EvAnE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
-
By amit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99