Is it not slow? Decompressing on the fly the .cmg file every time?
I mean, normally it takes 6 seconds on my computer to start up firefox,
and it I was using firefox.cmg? It would have to mounted, decompressed and only then run!
Is it not slow? Decompressing on the fly the .cmg file every time?
I mean, normally it takes 6 seconds on my computer to start up firefox,
and it I was using firefox.cmg? It would have to mounted, decompressed and only then run!
The image is not fully uncompressed before launching the app (like "unzipping") but it is uncompressed "on the fly" (like Knoppix/Kanotix itself). Hence, you should notice a considerable difference.
Greetings,
probono
Yes I understand what you said.
But would it not be still slower then running it the normal way?
A bit slower, yes, but you won't probably notice the difference in real life.
If you want to try, you can unpack the cmg and run the wrapper inside it uncompressed.
cramfsck -x ~/Desktop/unpacked ~/Desktop/nameoftheapp.cmg
~/Desktop/unpacked/wrapper
Greetings
probono
Ok, i tried it and you where right, it only took 0.25 seconds ( everage time, timed by "stopper" watch) more to open,
wich is more then tolarable.
Ok you guys bought me, I am switching to klik
Thanks for the answers probono.

Promise Pegasus3 Series R4 12TB 4-bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Storage
$500.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00