-
tr, Thanks for your help
I never meant to imply that 'bootfrom' doesn't work
-- Only that I was unable to get it to --.
After I issued 'knoppix tohd=dev/hda6' I noted that
(on return to Win98se) my G: drive (which Linux
calls hda6) had a new subdirectory (subfolder)
named KNOPPIX which contained a large file also
named KNOPPIX (no .iso or any extension at all).
I am not now at home now but seem to remember
having tried
1. knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda6/KNOPPIX.iso
2. knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda6/KNOPPIX
3. knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda6/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
4. knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda6/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.iso
-- and possibly others as well --
all resulted in the ". . . not mountable." message.
What is truly puzzling about this is that when I
issue 'knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda6' it works flawlessly!
Thus it seems that the 'iso file' is OK and I earlier
addressed the 'kernel version' issue. Thanks again
for your help -- any other ideas ?? -- JW --
Similar Threads
-
By bourne- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-01-2008, 02:01 AM
-
By ginestre in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM
-
By lewisp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
-
By db in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
-
By dfloyd4 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 02:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67