Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

    Hi guys,

    I have installed linux 3.8. I like it but I find that the /usr/src/linux2.6.11 directory is completely empty.

    Can I obtain a iso image of Knoppix Linux 3.8 that has all of the source files already pre installed?

    If so where ?

    2. If I can 't what is the easiest way to get the source files in the directory with the corresponding modules.

    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.

    3. Is there a version of knoppix source file that does have the kernel sources included..

    Please help.
    Thanks
    Marcias

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.
    Are you trying to build programs from source?

    It's an interesting exercise, but it's very seldom needed on Debian (which is, essentially, what a HD install of Knoppix is).

    Try this:

    connect to the Internet.

    su to root and do:

    apt-get update && apt-get install synaptic && exit

    You can now use synaptic to find the source files you need (if you insist on installing stuff from source) --- you certainly won't need the source of everything! Or better, you can almost certainly install the program you want through synaptic (just use the search tool).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    What I am trying to do is install zaptel and libpri

    Hi
    Thnaks for the response. The main purpose is that I am trying to install a VOIP server. I have been running one using a version of linux called Asterisk@home (VOIP server). Unfortunately there are some things I cant do with asterisk at home and I am returning to installing asterisk in a linux platform and re-configuring it. In order to install Asterisk I need to install zaptel and libpri both which requrie files in the /usr/srv/linux2.6.11 directory.

    I am in the process of trying to do yor recommendation at this time.

    Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

    Marcias

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 5.3.1 & files
    By arsen.ba in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
  2. Can I Zip files with knoppix ?
    By Peter42y in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to Recover MAC files?
    By madmike in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
  4. C compiled files with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  5. Add files to Knoppix CD?
    By dping28 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$239.99



Sonicwall Network Security Appliance TZ470 Gigabit Firewall - Register Ready picture

Sonicwall Network Security Appliance TZ470 Gigabit Firewall - Register Ready

$149.99



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware. picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware.

$500.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99