Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

    Hi guys,

    I have installed linux 3.8. I like it but I find that the /usr/src/linux2.6.11 directory is completely empty.

    Can I obtain a iso image of Knoppix Linux 3.8 that has all of the source files already pre installed?

    If so where ?

    2. If I can 't what is the easiest way to get the source files in the directory with the corresponding modules.

    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.

    3. Is there a version of knoppix source file that does have the kernel sources included..

    Please help.
    Thanks
    Marcias

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.
    Are you trying to build programs from source?

    It's an interesting exercise, but it's very seldom needed on Debian (which is, essentially, what a HD install of Knoppix is).

    Try this:

    connect to the Internet.

    su to root and do:

    apt-get update && apt-get install synaptic && exit

    You can now use synaptic to find the source files you need (if you insist on installing stuff from source) --- you certainly won't need the source of everything! Or better, you can almost certainly install the program you want through synaptic (just use the search tool).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    What I am trying to do is install zaptel and libpri

    Hi
    Thnaks for the response. The main purpose is that I am trying to install a VOIP server. I have been running one using a version of linux called Asterisk@home (VOIP server). Unfortunately there are some things I cant do with asterisk at home and I am returning to installing asterisk in a linux platform and re-configuring it. In order to install Asterisk I need to install zaptel and libpri both which requrie files in the /usr/srv/linux2.6.11 directory.

    I am in the process of trying to do yor recommendation at this time.

    Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

    Marcias

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 5.3.1 & files
    By arsen.ba in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
  2. Can I Zip files with knoppix ?
    By Peter42y in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to Recover MAC files?
    By madmike in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
  4. C compiled files with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  5. Add files to Knoppix CD?
    By dping28 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH picture

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH

$59.99