-
Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files
Hi guys,
I have installed linux 3.8. I like it but I find that the /usr/src/linux2.6.11 directory is completely empty.
Can I obtain a iso image of Knoppix Linux 3.8 that has all of the source files already pre installed?
If so where ?
2. If I can 't what is the easiest way to get the source files in the directory with the corresponding modules.
I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.
3. Is there a version of knoppix source file that does have the kernel sources included..
Please help.
Thanks
Marcias
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.
Are you trying to build programs from source?
It's an interesting exercise, but it's very seldom needed on Debian (which is, essentially, what a HD install of Knoppix is).
Try this:
connect to the Internet.
su to root and do:
apt-get update && apt-get install synaptic && exit
You can now use synaptic to find the source files you need (if you insist on installing stuff from source) --- you certainly won't need the source of everything! Or better, you can almost certainly install the program you want through synaptic (just use the search tool).
-
What I am trying to do is install zaptel and libpri
Hi
Thnaks for the response. The main purpose is that I am trying to install a VOIP server. I have been running one using a version of linux called Asterisk@home (VOIP server). Unfortunately there are some things I cant do with asterisk at home and I am returning to installing asterisk in a linux platform and re-configuring it. In order to install Asterisk I need to install zaptel and libpri both which requrie files in the /usr/srv/linux2.6.11 directory.
I am in the process of trying to do yor recommendation at this time.
Thanks and I'll keep you posted.
Marcias
Similar Threads
-
By arsen.ba in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
-
By Peter42y in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
-
By madmike in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
-
By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By dping28 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook - 14" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - MediaTek Kom...
$189.00

lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 7 i7-8665u 1.9ghz 16gb 512gb SSD Grade A
$249.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99