Hello,
I'm trying to rescue some files from a Windows XP machine (portable) that won't boot anymore.
With the Knoppix CD (v3.2) I am able to see the files. I'd like to save them on a memory stick. the problem is I can't find the memory stick. I'm rather new to Linux... Can you tell me how to find my memory stick in the file system (or point me out to some manual or FAQ where these steps are explained)?
Any other suggestions about how to fix the corrupt XP machine (I think there are some sectors with windows system files that have been corrupted).
Thanks in advance,
Fred

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01