OK. I finally discovered ripperx that works well.
But the problem with instlling the libraries is still open.
How to install Grip under Knoppix 3.9.
It is a CD ripper that allows to generate mp3 files.
The package grip requires a lot of libraries among them libbonobo2-0.
When I try to install libbonobo2-0 it says libbonobo2-common is required.
When I try to install libbonobo2-common it says libbonobo2-0 is required.
How to solve the problem?
Is there an alternative solution with an other nice CD ripper easier to install?
OK. I finally discovered ripperx that works well.
But the problem with instlling the libraries is still open.
Did you try: apt-get install libbonobo2-common libbonobo2-0
That is, both at the same time.
or, even better,
apt-get install grip libbonobo2-common libbonobo2-0
why not, get it ALL at the same time
( btw, take a look at abcde as well )
Many thanks.
Until now I used kpackage.
I feel it is equivalent to apt-get with a graphic interface.
I also tried kpackage-special-repair.
It installed the 2 libbonobo files.
Another good GUI (front-end) for apt is synaptic - not really tried kpackage, I usually use the native apt commands, or, in a pinch, will use synaptic...Originally Posted by jjbergdolt
Lots of options, not any one of them a wrong answer though![]()

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00