-
problems with grub and knoppix-installer
Ok, the whole deal is I wanna leave hda1, NTFS WinXP hard drive, alone, and install Knoppix on hdb1(ext3), use the swap file hdb2, and have hdb3(FAT32) be the part of the HD both XP and Knoppix can access. So I made sure all the partitions were set on the secondary, then I installed, knoppix-installer liked the partitions very much, but when it came to grub/lilo, everything went downhill.
I told it to go with grub. After the install was finished, I took the CD out, reset, then it loaded a single command prompt.
grub>
Last type of linux I installed, Mepis, gave me grub, but it was a bit more graphical, with a set of options for which OS I wanted to boot with. Is there anyway to get Grub or Lilo to give me a list of options instead of a command line? As of now I can only boot off of the CD, and can't access XP anymore. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By bloomingeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By ckapsl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By Erwin2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 10:25 PM
-
By Jameson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50