Hi...
i was planning to download the ISO images from the debian mirrors, and install the system in one of my HDs..

I got to the installation manual, but it is a whole long book that i do not want to read.

So i just have these few basic questions..

1. I read something in the manual, and it looked like after using the Debian installer, i would get just a command prompt, without any graphical interface like KDE ... is this true?

2. There are like 15 CDs available to download... so can i just use the first one to install the system?. and then use one of those live package managers that download the rest of the stuff that i want to install?

3. being really noob to Linux, i decided that i want to install a Debian distro on a HD... but may be Debian straight from the debian website will be too complex for me?.

I did install Red Hat, Suse and Mandrake long time ago... and they were like installing windows... so i would like the same with Debian,... how can i do?

I want a system that i can play with the server and network stuff to learn something. But not play with the Knoppix CD...
I saw that tutorial that shows how to install the Knoppix system to the HD, but also read before that this is not a good idea in other threads, so im confused, and anyway i found knoppix to be a little buggy ...

Ok... thanks for any help..
Good luck