create 2 partitions in D:
one ext3 partition 5GB or more
one swap partition 1GB or less (128MB minimum)
I like Norton Ghost for this job but in knoppix CD there is qtparted tool
Hey, I just posted this in the HDD Install Forum but I thiink it might be better served here:
I'm running Windows 2000 and Windows recognizes that my single hard drive is partitioned into C and D. D is completely unformatted with nothing on it. However, there is only one physical drive, I originally did the partitioning during the Windows 2000 installation.
How can I install Knoppix to the D drive? I don't want to wipe away my C drive but it didn't allow a D to be selected when it came to the hard drive selection.
Also, I think I accidently clicked Okay when I was pressing quit and it said that my C disc was Read - Only and I didn't have the permissions.
Can anyone help?
create 2 partitions in D:
one ext3 partition 5GB or more
one swap partition 1GB or less (128MB minimum)
I like Norton Ghost for this job but in knoppix CD there is qtparted tool
I answered your questions in the HD install forum which is where this post belongs.Originally Posted by nmitchell
but in your answer there is not a word about MS Windows tools for partitioning ( Ghost, Paragon Manager etc)Originally Posted by UnderScore
why?
... pienso que el que está meando fuera del tarro es Ud. ...
The Windows partitioning tools can only make blank partitions & can not format a partition for Linux.Originally Posted by oscar
The knoppix installer will automatically start qtparted to partition the HD.
Reading the HD Install HowTo and watching a flash video is very educational & explains the need for not just 1 partition but 2 partitions.
You provided no help to this user and instead have wasted time to critque me.![]()
Usted es demasiado divertido.
[quote="UnderScore"]żare you kidding or is something worse?Originally Posted by oscar
![]()
...but I am wrong too... I am talking about Partition Manager or Paragon Manager (btw there is a linux version of Paragon Manager too)
Ghost is for backup as almost everybody knows including me...![]()
...sigue meando fuera del tarro...![]()

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99