-
Adding users
Hi. I did a search on my problem, and didn,t see any relevant info, do here goes.
I have installed Knoppix 3.9 to my HD (install option: Beginner multiuser with hw detection).
When I add a user in Kuser and log in as that user, everything comes up in German?! How do I set things so that when I add a user they get US-English? I want to set up accounts for my kids so that they can each have their own settings etc...
-
it has to be something to do with the etc/profile setting
I'm no expert but I'd check that out
-
Senior Member
registered user
Default user settings are kept in /etc/skel. When a user is created the users's /home directory & settings are copied from /etc/skel. And obviously since Klaus Knopper is German, the defaults are German.
In theory, if you delete or rename the /etc/skel/.kde directory, then create a new user & login as that user, the KDE personalizer should be run at first start.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By fester13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
-
By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
-
By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By sufisuley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
-
By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99