Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding users

  1. #1

    Adding users

    Hi. I did a search on my problem, and didn,t see any relevant info, do here goes.

    I have installed Knoppix 3.9 to my HD (install option: Beginner multiuser with hw detection).
    When I add a user in Kuser and log in as that user, everything comes up in German?! How do I set things so that when I add a user they get US-English? I want to set up accounts for my kids so that they can each have their own settings etc...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7
    it has to be something to do with the etc/profile setting
    I'm no expert but I'd check that out

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Default user settings are kept in /etc/skel. When a user is created the users's /home directory & settings are copied from /etc/skel. And obviously since Klaus Knopper is German, the defaults are German.
    In theory, if you delete or rename the /etc/skel/.kde directory, then create a new user & login as that user, the KDE personalizer should be run at first start.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Adding additional users to Knoppix 3.7 install
    By fester13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
  2. adding users like knoppix
    By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
  3. Adding a new user, and files in users home
    By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
  4. adding users after hdinstall causes mouse to freeze
    By sufisuley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
  5. Adding Users to Remastered CD
    By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 Digitizer Battery Back Cover EB-BX306GBY picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 Digitizer Battery Back Cover EB-BX306GBY

$150.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron  Used picture

Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron Used

$399.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 Screen 128GB Storage and a Samsung KEY BOARD

$150.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77