Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding users

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Adding users

    Hi. I did a search on my problem, and didn,t see any relevant info, do here goes.

    I have installed Knoppix 3.9 to my HD (install option: Beginner multiuser with hw detection).
    When I add a user in Kuser and log in as that user, everything comes up in German?! How do I set things so that when I add a user they get US-English? I want to set up accounts for my kids so that they can each have their own settings etc...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7
    it has to be something to do with the etc/profile setting
    I'm no expert but I'd check that out

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Default user settings are kept in /etc/skel. When a user is created the users's /home directory & settings are copied from /etc/skel. And obviously since Klaus Knopper is German, the defaults are German.
    In theory, if you delete or rename the /etc/skel/.kde directory, then create a new user & login as that user, the KDE personalizer should be run at first start.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Adding additional users to Knoppix 3.7 install
    By fester13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
  2. adding users like knoppix
    By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
  3. Adding a new user, and files in users home
    By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
  4. adding users after hdinstall causes mouse to freeze
    By sufisuley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
  5. Adding Users to Remastered CD
    By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08