it has to be something to do with the etc/profile setting
I'm no expert but I'd check that out
Hi. I did a search on my problem, and didn,t see any relevant info, do here goes.
I have installed Knoppix 3.9 to my HD (install option: Beginner multiuser with hw detection).
When I add a user in Kuser and log in as that user, everything comes up in German?! How do I set things so that when I add a user they get US-English? I want to set up accounts for my kids so that they can each have their own settings etc...
it has to be something to do with the etc/profile setting
I'm no expert but I'd check that out
Default user settings are kept in /etc/skel. When a user is created the users's /home directory & settings are copied from /etc/skel. And obviously since Klaus Knopper is German, the defaults are German.
In theory, if you delete or rename the /etc/skel/.kde directory, then create a new user & login as that user, the KDE personalizer should be run at first start.
I hope this helps.
James

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U 32GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro
$500.00