Well, Im getting aRTs soundserver errors !! I can listen to CDs and simple sound but if I try to listen to MP3 or some games with better sounds I get errors or the computer goes nuts.
It's weird, my soundcard is also and ESS 1868/9.
Tovi
well, the sound works, but not perfectly. When I play some games it goes nuts. But hey.... it's better than nothing !!!!
Tovi
Well, Im getting aRTs soundserver errors !! I can listen to CDs and simple sound but if I try to listen to MP3 or some games with better sounds I get errors or the computer goes nuts.
It's weird, my soundcard is also and ESS 1868/9.
Tovi
In knoppix 3.2 there's sndconfig 0.70 installed.Originally Posted by PatrickAmf
How you have a previous version works??
I have an Armada 1750 with a 1869ESS Soundcard that make's me cry![]()
In knoppix 3.2 there's sndconfig 0.70 installed.Originally Posted by PatrickAmf
How you have a previous version works??
I have an Armada 1750 with a 1869ESS Soundcard that make's me cry![]()
This is from http://magiex.netfirms.com/
1. Sound
There are 2 types of sound drivers you can install, either the default kernel drivers or the ALSA sound drivers. ALSA drivers are more customizable and work well with programs which have specific sound requirements otherwise default drivers are better just for music and default drivers have better sound quality for mp3.
Default Drivers
To install the sound card using the default drivers that come with the kernel modules; add the following lines to your /etc/modules.conf file:
alias sound-slot-0 sb
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
options sound dmabuf=1
alias synth0 opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330
If that didn't work for you, you can try the one below:
alias sound-slot-0 sb
options sound dmabuf=1
alias synth0 opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330
The above lines were automatically entered using the sndconfig utility, although it doesn't detect your actual sound card, you can tune compatible sound card settings to match your settings. Also for the above to work, you must have the required modules, when you look carefully it is using the sound blaster's module.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99