-
attempting new install of 3.9 on Compaq workstation
I am brand new to Linux . This is my first introduction ever. I have an old Compaq workstation , not sure what model. I am running windows XP and am attempting to install Knoppix linux 3.9. when I get a few min into the boot up from the cd I get a msg about pressing the space bar, then it does some things and then the monitor goes "nuts" I get a bunch of color lines . I tried several monitors and they all do the same thing. Is this a Bios issue? Can anyone offer some advise
Similar Threads
-
By marmeduke in forum General Support
Replies: 24
Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:14 AM
-
By wijaya in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2007, 09:57 AM
-
By FONE_STAR in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:03 AM
-
By shane25119 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00