@bspengler: I want to know how to install VMWare on knoppix linux. Iam not used to VMware. So , how am I to start with it. please help me.
Regards
I did always run VMWare on Knoppix. But since Version 3.8 I can't compile the vmware-modules (now I'm trying Knoppix 4.0 with kernel 2.6.11) because of the wrong kernel-headers or missing versions-information. I installed the kernel-headers 2.6.11-1. Does anyone have a solution (without compiling a new kernel)
Here is the output of vmware-config.pl:
Using 2.6.x kernel build system.
make: Entering directory `/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only'
make -C /usr/src/linux/include/.. SUBDIRS=$PWD SRCROOT=$PWD/. modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.11-1'
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/linux/driver.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/linux/hostif.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/cpuid.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/hash.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/memtrack.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/phystrack.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/task.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.o
CC [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/vmcore/moduleloop.o
LD [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/vmmon.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST
CC /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/vmmon.mod.o
LD [M] /tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only/vmmon.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.11-1'
cp -f vmmon.ko ./../vmmon.o
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only'
Unable to make a vmmon module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
insmod: error inserting '/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon.o': -1 Invalid module format
There is probably a slight difference in the kernel configuration between the
set of C header files you specified and your running kernel. You may want to
rebuild a kernel based on that directory, or specify another directory.
For more information on how to troubleshoot module-related problems, please
visit our Web site at "http://www.vmware.com/download/modules/modules.html" and
"http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/linux/prebuilt_modules_linux.html".
Execution aborted.
@bspengler: I want to know how to install VMWare on knoppix linux. Iam not used to VMware. So , how am I to start with it. please help me.
Regards
I have installed vmware, using alien and dpkg as usual. I dont have any idea as to whts happening, Iam unable to use VMWare...
Please help me folks.
Regards

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 7 i7-8665u 1.9ghz 16gb 512gb SSD Grade A
$249.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook - 14" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - MediaTek Kom...
$189.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50