Try this: boot: failsafe debug -b 3 You should go through five shell prompts. How far do you get? If you get through all five, type 'init 5' Does graphics mode start?Originally Posted by marekcherubin
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
I have booting problem with Knoppix 3.9EN (booting CD)
during "initializig peripherials" phase
I get:
modprobe: FATAL: error inserting apm (lib/models/2.6.11/kernel/arch/i386/apm.ko):/no such device
and the initializig is restarting
I tried following settings:
knoppix noapm
knoppix nodma
knoppix failsafe - without result.
This problem arise only with the version 3,9; v3,7 and 3,82 boots fine
I've tested it with : notebook (DELL Latitude 1,7) and desktop (ASUS+P2,4)
Best regards
Marek
Try this: boot: failsafe debug -b 3 You should go through five shell prompts. How far do you get? If you get through all five, type 'init 5' Does graphics mode start?Originally Posted by marekcherubin
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99