Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knoppix KDE

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13

    KnoppixKDE

    KnoppixKDE I certainly like, but I'm hanged if I can work out how to access the built-in persistent home, something I can't do without.
    A point in the right direction would be appreciated.

    Ron

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    You still have to create a Persistant home as per the docs, the thing with KnoppixKDE is it will automatically scan your disk for the persistant home, without any cheatcodes.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13
    Thanks for your help.
    Seems I failed to make myself clear regarding persistant home problem. I had assumed there would be the possibility to save it to hard disk. That is what I can't find. I want to be able to save more than one can get on a 1.44 floppy.
    Ron

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    What is Knoppix Persistent Home?


    Knoppix What is Knoppix Persistent Home?


    Knoppix Persistent Home is a collection of scripts for putting the /home directory on a harddisk, ZIP-drive, USB-stick, etc. So your configuration changes will be restored after a reboot. Persistent Home will be (is) a built-in feature of Knoppix 3.2, so you won't need to download the scripts with this version of Knoppix. But beware that the implementation in Knoppix 3.2 is slightly different from what is described here.Persistent Home is a collection of scripts for putting the /home directory on a harddisk, ZIP-drive, USB-stick, etc. So your configuration changes will be restored after a reboot. Persistent Home will be (is) a built-in feature of Knoppix 3.2, so you won't need to download the scripts with this version of Knoppix. But beware that the implementation in Knoppix 3.2 is slightly different from what is described here.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13
    Boy, was that a quick reply! Many thanks.

    I have no problem with persistant home on Knoppix 3.2. My post was meant to be specific to KnoppixKDE, which I would rather use since it runs a bit faster on my machinery. Maybe I should download a hard disk version of PH and incorporate it into KnoppixKDE with a remaster.

    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer picture

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer

$72.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box picture

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box

$80.00



Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR** picture

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**

$89.99



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95