-
Knoppix 4 DVD problem, OpenOffice can't load files
Hello,
I got the Knoppix 4.0 DVD and it works fine - except for OpenOffice. It is possible to create and save a new file with OOWriter, but trying to load it again seems impossible. OO starts to load and then hangs. No error messages.
I tried it with several types of files and on three different computers, with the same result. Is there a trick to get OpenOffice working?
-
Hello!
Actually I got the same problem. ANY part of Openoffice will hang when I try to load ANY filetype (openoffice 1.1 / openoffice 2.0 / or MS-filetypes)
The same Problem with Knoppix 3.9 -CD.
And: the Problem persists even if you install to HD, or create a permanent home-image.
Everything works fine on Knoppix 3.8, as it has the stable Openoffice 1.1.4 on board.
I have to go back to Knoppix 3.8 as the OS is useless for me without Openoffice, though 3.8 lacks other nice Software (like xmaxima)
-
Thank God, I'm not alone 
I don't think it's OpenOffice - I'm using 2.0 pre on SuSE 9.3 and there it works. I couldn't find any OO bug messages related to this problem, so maybe it is a Knoppix problem? A file that needs to be opened but is read-only due to being stored on a DVD?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Its probably OO.org 2.0 beta which is causing the problem. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19833
-
I'm quite sure it is related to the beta, but only this Version of the Openoffice2 beta (1.9.079 I think). I already used newer versions (1.9.114 or so) on other OS and they worked fine. As I really like the rest of the DVD, espeacially the kernel and the nice usb-device detection-and-auto-mounting while the system is already up, I thought about making a HD-install, and replacing the Openoffice2beta with the Openoffce 1.1.4 stable.
kpackage works fine with other packages (add/remove/update), but it doesn't build a dependence-tree for any openoffice-related packages.
Hopefully I am just too stupid to use kpackage and someone can tell me how to get rid of the beta and install the stable version?
(without selecting and installing each single package by hand)
-
Senior Member
registered user
I use synaptic instead of kpackage. I refreshed the on disk package lists (effectivly a aptitude update) and then CTRL-F and type in openoffice. It will show you openoffice-de (i think?). Uninstall that package. Then CTRL-F & again type openoffice and install openoffice.org 1.1.4-3.
Similar Threads
-
By Crazydude in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
-
By pgluth1 in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-14-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By fordfasterr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 11:45 PM
-
By wombat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 12:00 PM
-
By kha in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00