-
Restoring NTFS Drive
Right, I am not necisarily new to Linux, but am more comfortable with Windows. Now, seeing as Linux most likely is more manouverable to do what I want, I need to know if I can do this.
My problem is that I have a second HDD in my PC, and all of a sudden, Windows is telling me it is corrupt and unreadable. It is formatted in NTFS. I use XP SP2, but the drive was formatted long before I got that. Now I turn to Knoppix, as it is a live distro - and I believe has some NTFS capabilities. How exactly would I go about attempting to read this drive in linux, and then copy it's contents onto another HDD so that I can then reformat it? Can it be done with Knoppix? I do know that the second HDD will have to be in FAT 32 to be written to and read by windows and Knoppix.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Restoring NTFS Drive

Originally Posted by
deadparrot
How exactly would I go about attempting to read this drive in linux
Boot Knoppix. Click on the desktop icon for the partition in question. See if there is enough left of the partition for Knoppix to make sense of it. (You haven't even tried booting Knoppix before asking this, have you?)

Originally Posted by
deadparrot
Can it be done with Knoppix?
People have done it. I have done it. But we obviously don't know what has happened to your partition and what sucess you'll have.
Similar Threads
-
By computerman0216 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
-
By Kehart25 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
-
By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$1550.00