-
I need help booting knoppix
Hi,
When I try to boot Knoppix on my computer, the following message appears:
ACPI: BIOS age (2001) fails cutoff (2002), acpi=force is required to enable ACPI
audit(1121268840.12
: initialized
and then it stucks.
I want to know what the problem is, and what can I do to fix it.
Thanks for the help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix boots with a splash screen. At that splash screen you can enter codes which will force Knoppix to do certain things. Theses codes are known as Cheat Codes. You may need to enter some codes that allow it to make sure of your system's hardware. You may need to boot it with:
knoppix acpi=force
or
knoppix acpi=off
-
Thanks for helping me.
But there are still more problems.
After booting it with knoppix acpi=force, there were many error messages like:
starting init process
hdb: command error
error=0x54{AbortedCommand LastFailedsense =0x05}
ide: failed opcode was :unknown
end request :I/O error,dev hdb,sectotor 137506
cloop:Read error at pos 700821504 in file /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPPIX ,9180 bytes lost
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block
In addition there was a warning message:
Autodetection seems to hang,please check your computer BIOS settings
fread magic :input/output error
Finally, the following message appears:
Attention
out of range
h:01.2kHz V:106.1Hz
What can I do to fix it? thanks for any help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
A couple possible problems: your Knoppix CDR is bad or the CDR was burned too fast or your CDROM drive is too sensitive to fast burned CDRs.
See the FAQ My PC will boot off of the burned disc. It is strange since it loads but then stalls or it loads but is giving me I/O errors. What's going on?
Similar Threads
-
By Zapper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By MavetLaAravim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By p3 in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By Mindfield in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00