Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ndiswrapper - no new device

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5

    ndiswrapper - no new device

    Sorry guys, I am beginning a fresh topic here. I have been trying some stuff while I waited to see if anyone had insights on my earlier posting.
    I am running Knoppix 3.9 from a Live CD and have a NetGear MA111 USB Card. I used the ndiswrapper option from Start/Knoppix.
    I had copied the relevant .inf and .sys files (that I downloaded from the Wiki List) to the desktop before I initiated the ndiswrapper "tool".

    I get the message
    "The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no device. perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file"
    What does this mean? I know my USB device works since I was using it with Win2K earlier
    I would appreciate any help.

    I sent this an email to [email protected] as well.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Have you seen this page http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/support.html ?
    Your request for help has less to do with Knoppix & more to do with ndiswrapper/wireless configuration in Linux. Perhaps a ndiswrapper forum or a ndiswrapper mailing list could be helpful.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5
    Thanks. I am surfing over there right now.
    My confusion was that since the "tool" I was using was in Knoppix it might be relevant here and to be frank while I had gone to the NDISWRAPPER home page I must have missed this support link.
    Cheers!

Similar Threads

  1. NDiswrapper on 5.1.1
    By Protocol in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
  2. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  3. ndiswrapper
    By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
  4. ndiswrapper and mn-730
    By urbster1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99