PLZ some1 reply I really want to try linux and maybe ( if i enjoy knoppix) buy a linux pc, so for the sake of my descision to go to linux help me out!!!!!!!!
I've tried the knoppix website and this forums mirrors but i cant download the .md5 file some1 give me a link. Dont give me a bittorent link b/c i cant ever get it to work. PLZ write back asap. PS: I already have the Knoppix v3.9 ISO file
PLZ some1 reply I really want to try linux and maybe ( if i enjoy knoppix) buy a linux pc, so for the sake of my descision to go to linux help me out!!!!!!!!
If you follow the link at the top of the page Get Knoppix, you will find many sites to download knoppix & the md5 file too. One such place is http://debian.ams.sunysb.edu/knoppix...-27-EN.iso.md5
I wouldn't give you a Torrent if you already have an ISO, that would be insanely wasteful of bandwidth. I see James has already given you a link and told you how you could have found it. But if you want to get BitTorrent working before you need it to download 4.0, or if you need it because your 3.9 doesn't match the md5 sum or because 3.9 is buggy and you decide to try 3.8.2, I'll help you resolve your BitTorrent problem if you would just provide more information of what is wrong. It's not very hard to get working right and will serve you much better in the long run once you do.Originally Posted by shomie911
whenever I try to use a torrent it just has ?: ?? for length of time till finished and I leave it alone for a few hours and it still hasnt done anything. Am I doing something or is it a program glitch.
I got Knoppix WORKING!!! my only problem is that I cant get it to connect to the internet. =Can anybody help me out with that.
Create a detailed request for help in the Networking forum
If you have firewalls (software and hardware), and you certainly should, you need to open ports so that others can connect into BitTorrent (otherwise it will still work but will crawl rather than fly). See this link for detailed information found in the BitTorrent FAQ. Otherwise you really didn't give much information, even the version number of the program that you tried to use. I would suggest that you start with one of the 4.x versions of the official BitTorrent client (there are others that you can play with later if you want, but be careful in your selection, some are heavily infested with spyware, the original BitTorrent is not). Get that small range of ports pointing to your computer's IP address in you router's filewall, open the ports in any software filewall that you use (never trust the Microsoft firewall and I'm not a big fan of Zone Alarm either). This will work and BitTprrent will be fast (it may take a few minutes to get started for some downloads, give it time to find the right sources in the swarm and the download speed will pick up nicely). If you have any additional issues, the more specific information you can give in your posts the better the quality of feedback we can give you.Originally Posted by shomie911

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
New Yealink MP58 Teams Edition Smart Business Phone VOIP Touch Screen
$129.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99