Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Wireless Help

    I was running knoppix on my laptop perfectly fine on my home's wireless connection. I was using GAIM and Konqueror. Then all of a sudden the electricity in my house goes off. I thought no big deal. Well, then all of the programs were denied access to the internet. I thought I'll just go and reset my router. Didn't work.

    I keep getting a wierd error. I've tried changing proxy settings, restarting knoppix, and trying to reset my router numerous times. I can still access my wireless connection when I boot into windows. I've ran KWiFi and it detects my router and the connection, but all of the programs won't access the internet.

    I am using a Westell Versalink Model 327W as my router. If anyone can help me I'll be really grateful. BTW if you can't tell I'm new to the linux scene.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    being new to the Linux scene is by no means a negative stigma. welcome!
    first, tell us what commands you are using to control the wireless interface, what model your laptop is, and what model and chipset your wireless card is. This information will make troubleshooting much easier on us. For future reference, always give more information than you think is necessary. That way, if it is necessary, we'll already have it and you will get your answer quicker
    once again, welcome to Linux!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the welcome, but I think that I've fixed the problem. I think it was mainly a router problem, because I recently booted up knoppix and I accesed the internet perfectly fine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    That's good to hear! Glad it's working for you now.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00