Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Install local klik client...Knoppix help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    Install local klik client...Knoppix help

    I'm getting my feet wet with Knoppix and Klik is an awesome concept and implementation.

    I know that you can use wget to install the klik client from the web. I'm using the Knoppix 4.0 DVD and want to save the client on my usb drive so that if my machine has not internet access, I can still use the .cmg files I have saved on my hard disk. How do I go about saving a permanent client on my usb drive so that I don't have to have an internet connection to run the cmgs every time I boot up?

    Regards

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    164

    Re: Install local klik client...Knoppix help

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos
    How do I go about saving a permanent client on my usb drive so that I don't have to have an internet connection to run the cmgs every time I boot up?
    2 Choices ... you can save output of the wget command instead of running it, and then you have the install to run each time. Alternatively you can just keep a copy of /etc/fstab and ~/.zAppRun (you don't need ~/.klik as it is only used to connect to the site to get the recipies which build cmg files). If you are using a persitent home (it will keep .zAppRun for you) then you can just look at the sticky posts about how to use a knoppix.sh to make the fstab change when you reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. klik client install
    By uscg in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
  2. apt-get to install a local package.
    By kayl in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 03:23 AM
  3. Uing NG Klik client and .cmg offline
    By pau1knopp in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
  4. [klik] Citrix ICA Client
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:42 PM
  5. KNOPPIX CD Default Install May Let Local Users Grab Root
    By adamm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB  G3D picture

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D

$142.50



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99