Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: D-link DWL-G650 108 Mbps

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2

    D-link DWL-G650 108 Mbps

    Does anybody know if you can get a D-link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to work with Knoppix V3.9? I can detect the card, but it can't find the access point. I've read somewhere that the newest DWL cards aren't supported yet. Is this true?

    Thanx for helping me out

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: D-link DWL-G650 108 Mbps

    Quote Originally Posted by bdockx
    Does anybody know if you can get a D-link DWL-G650 PCMCIA to work with Knoppix V3.9? I can detect the card, but it can't find the access point. I've read somewhere that the newest DWL cards aren't supported yet. Is this true?

    Thanx for helping me out
    I've gotten a Belkin card to work (to be honest, I forget the exact setps I had to do now), but I have never managed to get my DWL-650 to work. And it's a "standard" 802.11b speed card. Support for the higher speed cards is more uncommon, getting a Dlink 108 mbps card working, at least natively, seems unlikely at this point.

  3. #3
    I have the same problem. It detects the card but cand find any networks, but it works in wni xp

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I gave someone else some help with their dlink wireless NIC at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19712

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    Try linuxant.com driver it works very well.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    iwconfig eth1 essid test
    iwconfig eth1 key open 3366393439

    dhclient

    then u will able to surf net.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 02:01 AM
  3. Wireless Card (Dlink DWL G650+)
    By reisyboy in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
  4. D-Link DWL-G650 with Knoppix
    By DaveUK in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
  5. D-Link G650+ but with no lights (lspci -v included)
    By Infidellic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Dell EMC 4TB 7.2K SAS SED 6Gb/s 3.5

Dell EMC 4TB 7.2K SAS SED 6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD, 118000762

$75.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD picture

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD

$84.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95