I need to put a patched madwifi-bsd module onto a knoppix disk. I am currently having some trouble getting onto a remastered disk.
Here is what I have done:
- Followed the remastering how-to up to the point of adding/removing packages
- Added the kernel-source-2.6.11 package
- Unpacked that, copied the config from /usr/src/linux
- Ran make
- unpacked the current madwifi-bsd-cvs driver to /usr/local/src
- patched it with a few changes
- compiled it telling it to use KERNELPATH=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11/
- ran make install
- Followed the remastering process from there.
- from there I booted the new iso, and now my atheros card is not even detected
I have successfully used the madwifi-bsd-cvs and the patch on slackware, but would like to add it to a knoppix distro for upcoing testing.
Is there an easier way to compile a new module for Knoppix? Are there additional steps that I should have taken?
Thanks.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99