I need to put a patched madwifi-bsd module onto a knoppix disk. I am currently having some trouble getting onto a remastered disk.
Here is what I have done:
- Followed the remastering how-to up to the point of adding/removing packages
- Added the kernel-source-2.6.11 package
- Unpacked that, copied the config from /usr/src/linux
- Ran make
- unpacked the current madwifi-bsd-cvs driver to /usr/local/src
- patched it with a few changes
- compiled it telling it to use KERNELPATH=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11/
- ran make install
- Followed the remastering process from there.
- from there I booted the new iso, and now my atheros card is not even detected
I have successfully used the madwifi-bsd-cvs and the patch on slackware, but would like to add it to a knoppix distro for upcoing testing.
Is there an easier way to compile a new module for Knoppix? Are there additional steps that I should have taken?
Thanks.

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08