Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can't Burn Iso Image. It's Larger than CD Capacity.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3

    Can't Burn Iso Image. It's Larger than CD Capacity.

    Greetings.

    First of all excuse me if you find my written english not good enough. (I'm working on that)

    I'm kind of newbie with Linux, so i'll try to explain my problem as clear as i can.

    I just downloaded (yesterday) KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN.iso from ftp.uni-kl.de. I did the checksum and everything went fine. Then, I Tried to use my Nero to burn the image (No problem here i did it with Redhat 7.2 before) but couldn't do it because a always get a message like "the capacity of the media you selected is not enough", I'm using 80min/700MB CD-R media (the biggest i found), but can't get it work. Do you know what's wrong?.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Julio Gutiérrez
    Valencia, Venezuela

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    The 700MB/80min CDR will work. Have you read the Downloading FAQ? It has answers for both downloading & burning questions. See I have downloaded the ISO file. How do I burn the ISO? How is the ISO supposed to be burned?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    The 700MB/80min CDR will work. Have you read the Downloading FAQ? It has answers for both downloading & burning questions. See I have downloaded the ISO file. How do I burn the ISO? How is the ISO supposed to be burned?
    I did read the Downloading FAQ, as a matter of fact that's the way i'm doing it 'cause i have Nero. But i still get the message "There is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this disc. Please insert another disc that provides more space...

    Help, i'm lost.

    Thanks

    P.D. I've tried with two different brands of CD-R media both 80min/700MB.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    No, James is correct, it will fit, if burned properly, with a few meg to spare. It would be best if you could give us all the details of what you are doing, You are not using any option to make the CD bootable, are you? Give us your exact file size and step by step what you are doing in Nero and we'll likely be able to identify where you are going wrong.

    Also, in NERO, bring up the main window and before you try to burn the CD, select RECORDER in the top menu and then select DISC INFO in the sub-menu. Tell us what it says the capacity of your media is in the pop-up nformation window. Second line, MB value to the far right.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    If it is not working for you then I do not know what to do. In the last 6 months I have burned over 300 Knoppix CDRs in Nero Ultra 6 using 700MB/80min CDRs. The process I describe here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=88598#88598 works every time.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thank you very much, Harry and UnderScore; it happens to be a problem with the nero, i removed the 6.0.0.15 and rolled back to 5 and everything went fine. Now i'm the proud user of Knoppix 3.9. ))))))

    You were just right, it fitted in; the problem was the lame nero.

    Thanks again; now i'll try to learn about my new OS; but don't worry; i'll be back with more stupid questions as soon as i get stuck.

    C'ya

    --
    Julio Gutiérrez
    Valenvcia, Venezuela

Similar Threads

  1. Burn ISO Image to CD
    By SerenityNet in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
  2. iso image will not burn correctly
    By servant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:44 AM
  3. After remastering the image is about 20 MB larger
    By ahz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:23 PM
  4. image won't burn - too big
    By teststrips in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 12:55 PM
  5. burn image
    By rob in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99