Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Melinko
    Guest

    Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

    Howdy! I'm somewhat new to Knoppix, and Linux as a whole. As I explore the OS further, I find myself digging a hole through cement with a shovel. Anyway, I installed the OS to my harddrive, and it boots great. I open Konqueror, and I access the internet no problem, but I'm having trouble setting up the network. How do I change the name of the computer(not user)? (at the bootmenu, computer name is displayed). And how do I assign (or create) a workgroup to browse from/within?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    You could try Kmenu -> Internet -> Linneighborhood. To change hostname edit the file /etc/hostname as root.

Similar Threads

  1. Accessing the rest of the software...?
    By Ander in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
  2. Accessing the C: drive
    By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
  3. Accessing Windows Files
    By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
  4. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Accessing hda6 partition
    By warpedmind in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Lot of 3 Verizon Yealink T41S One Talk VoIP Business Desk Phones SIP-T41S PoE picture

Lot of 3 Verizon Yealink T41S One Talk VoIP Business Desk Phones SIP-T41S PoE

$48.44



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules picture

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules

$69.00