Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

  1. #1
    Melinko
    Guest

    Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

    Howdy! I'm somewhat new to Knoppix, and Linux as a whole. As I explore the OS further, I find myself digging a hole through cement with a shovel. Anyway, I installed the OS to my harddrive, and it boots great. I open Konqueror, and I access the internet no problem, but I'm having trouble setting up the network. How do I change the name of the computer(not user)? (at the bootmenu, computer name is displayed). And how do I assign (or create) a workgroup to browse from/within?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    You could try Kmenu -> Internet -> Linneighborhood. To change hostname edit the file /etc/hostname as root.

Similar Threads

  1. Accessing the rest of the software...?
    By Ander in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
  2. Accessing the C: drive
    By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
  3. Accessing Windows Files
    By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
  4. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Accessing hda6 partition
    By warpedmind in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air picture

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air

$419.59



NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435

$25.95