Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need some assistance - ntfs rw access

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    Need some assistance - ntfs rw access

    First off I would like to do two things. 1. I apologize I have seen a lot of posts over gaining rw access to ntfs and have not had any luck figuring it out yet. 2. Thank you ahead of time for any help.

    This is the issue. I have a winxp sp2 box that has a corrupt file not allowing it to boot. I tried microsafts repair pathways no success. I have a knoppix distro. 3.7. I have used it before to recover files on a crashed winblows pc. However, this time I need to be able to write to the ntfs partition. The winxp box is updated so I had to download the sp1 ntfs files. I did that by clicking the knoppix penguin and using utilities, captive. I have tried using the mount -t captive-ntfs and the mount.captive. I tried unmounting the hda1 first. I tried it with it still mounted from the knoppix boot. I tried mounting as root. I guess the problem is when mounting it, the command line never comes back, like it is still trying to finish the mount or something.

    Please make your replies very precise in instruction and try not to take any "simple" step for granted. My colleagues have described me as a guru but that is in a windows/dos environment, I have a lot to learn w/ unix/linux. A good friend of mine has described the best I think I have ever heard it. In farming, you have the combine a complex machine used to harvest a variety of crops. There are two classes of combine users. Drivers and Operators. Drivers get the job done. Operators get the job done and also know the ins and outs of the machine. I am a windows operator but a linux driver (for limited tasks). Thanks again.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Need some assistance - ntfs rw access

    Quote Originally Posted by [bk
    pollux]... However, this time I need to be able to write to the ntfs partition.....
    A forum search and a few obvious key words would have found you this information without your having to post and wait for someone to post back.

Similar Threads

  1. Access NTFS partition
    By naxinax in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:42 PM
  2. Can't access NTFS partitions - get /cdrom instead
    By mjfowler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
  3. Can't chang resolution,can't mount ntfs,how 2 get ful access
    By jentybhullar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
  4. NTFS is seen as FAT32-cant access data
    By mobilesoul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
  5. Access on NTFS-HDD
    By scherzkecks in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD

$799.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00