-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Anyone want a free copy of the Knoppix DVD?
EDIT: This was first posted on August 18th. At first there was no response at all, but I slowly started receiving a number of requests. I now have all the requests I can fufill, but somehow suddenly more people are finding this and sending me PM's then when it was first posted. I'm sorry, but I'm no longer taking additional requests for the DVD. HK 9/1/05
Here's the deal: I only plan on sending these to people in the U.S. (sorry, but U.S. postage will be bad enough, I don't want to pay international postage on this). Sorry if that excludes you, but maybe there are some nice people who live where you do who want to help too and will post here. Please don't accept this offer if you have a high speed connection and a DVD burner, let me get a few DVDs in the hands of people who can't make them themselves. Please don't accept this offer if you don't have a DVD reader that can read DVD-R media, even if you plan on getting one "someday"; by then newer versions of Knoppix will be out with the current bugs replaced by new bugs, the DVD drive you likely will get will also be a burner and you will likely be able to download the new DVD in less time that it will take me to burn a copy. Please don't ask for a free DVD if you just intend on turning around and trying to resell it on the electronic bay of thieves.
I'm not asking for any money. Do send me something back though when you get the DVD, even a postcard, photo, or some small (non-food) item. If you want a copy, send me by this site's private message feature your name, your postal address, and what computer and DVD drive you will run it on (do not post personal information in the forums). Burning these will take time (I burn at the slowest speed available on my DVD burner for best quality and compatibility) and I don't want this to cost me a lot in postage and media, so please understand if I get more requests than I can fulfill and send you back a private message apology.
Of course, all the normal disclaimers apply. The ISO I have has matched the distributed md5 checksum, it's not my fault or problem if there are bugs in the software or if your computer has compatibility issues. If the post office smashes the DVD in the mail and you cut yourself on the pieces I don't want to hear about it, nor does my lawyer. Sending you a free DVD in no way obligates me to support you or become your best friend. Not to be taken internally. First come first served. Offer limited to the number I feel like burning. Decision of the judges is final.
I advise against "installing" Knoppix to hard disk. If you feel otherwise, that's OK, the DVD is still available to you. I ask two things: Before you "install" Knoppix, at least try to install Debian, so that you are making a real informed decision of Knoppix over Debian. And after you "install" the DVD, pass the disc along to someone else who can use it (there likely will be newer versions before you need to install again, and you apparently think Knoppix installations are stable).
Similar Threads
-
By javiergarza4 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 06:31 AM
-
By zentu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
-
By nabetse in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
-
By gadave in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:45 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 17
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99