Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Linux version of Corel Painter

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    72

    Linux version of Corel Painter

    I was wondering of a free substutute for Corel Painter that you can use on a Linux computer, or ever Windows or Mac OS X.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    If I understand Corel Painter, it is more a digital painting application & less of a pixel editor/manipulator like Adobe Photoshop.
    The only Linux app that I know of that is approaching painting style of functionality is KDE's Krita http://www.koffice.org/krita/
    A example screenshot and a blog of one of the main Krita developers http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/krita

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348

    Corel Paint

    Corel did, at one time offer a free version of Photo Paint for Linux. It was also included with the Corel Version of Linux that they offered some years ago. Corel has lost their desire to support Linux and most of their Linux products just faded away into oblivion. However, all is not lost if you wish to find a copy of it. There are a few links out there that appear to offer it for sale or download. Try http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multi...int-3947.shtml . For a direct link to the 178Meg file try here: ftp://mirror.linuxsoft.cz/pool/104/9...INT9Lnx.tar.gz I have not tried this download version, but the file is there. No guarantees.

    You can also go to www.linux.org and search for the Corel version of Linux. It is in the UNMAINTAINED status category, so be sure to check the box to include unmaintained versions when doing a search. One of the Mirrors, I think it was Planetmirror.com had the files available for download. Somehow I seem to remember them having the Photo Paint or Photo Draw file there as well. Planetmirror is currently busy, so I can't seem to log in to verify that right now. I would have provided the link if I was able. Other links to see are old and the links to obtain the file are no longer valid, but the info is good.

    http://linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/2573/1/

    http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php...3-10-004-05-PR

    Another way to find it might be to find a copy of the old CorelLinux. I'm sure thare might be a few around somewhere and it should be rather inexpensive. I still like free, though, so poke around and you never know what you might find deep in the cobwebs of some ftp site.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    I was able to verify that the old CorelLinux distro is still up on PlanetMirror. It can be found at ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/corel and a version of Corel PhotoPaint and Wordperfect for Linux can be found there. CorelLinux was a Debian based distro that is discontinued and now is half a decade out of date. I have not tried these files and can't say whether they work or not. I have a set of the Original Corel Deluxe Retail Distro disks. It has all the toys found on PlanetMirror and quite a bit more.

    I hope this helps. I know it's a month after the original post, but I didn't see the post until last week.

Similar Threads

  1. could not find linux kernel header file for version 19
    By dtzxdtzx1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
  2. A linux version of Endnote
    By bokaroseani in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 08:10 AM
  3. Best Version of Linux for Me
    By SpankySTD in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
  4. find the linux version of applications.
    By ykhov in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  5. Poor Man's Install Not Working in version 7-26 version
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails picture

1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails

$310.00