-

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
computerguy
I know that the CD is good. It booted fine on another system.
Thanks
I believe this to be a false positive. Your download would be considered incomplete if it missed just one byte of data. If Knoppix never attempts to use that data then theoretically it would boot just fine BUT if on another machine it did need that one byte.........know what I mean? 'testcd' and using 'md5sum' are the only way to be absolutely sure of the integrity of your copy.
I remember now that I did run the md5 check on the iso image before burning but I went ahead and ran testcd and it checked out as well. Oddly enough on that boot, X came up fine (I used no other cheat codes). If I used xmodule=ati X failed to initialize properly just like if I hadn't entered it.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
computerguy
I went ahead and ran testcd and it checked out as well. Oddly enough on that boot, X came up fine (I used no other cheat codes). If I used xmodule=ati X failed to initialize properly just like if I hadn't entered it.
What happened on subsequent boots?
-

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
computerguy
I went ahead and ran testcd and it checked out as well. Oddly enough on that boot, X came up fine (I used no other cheat codes). If I used xmodule=ati X failed to initialize properly just like if I hadn't entered it.
What happened on subsequent boots?
After a few reboots, I saw no change in anything. So far the only thing that gets me to X is specifying testcd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: X goes out to lunch with Knoppix 3.2

Originally Posted by
computerguy
Using Knoppix 3.2 (4-15-2003) when Knoppix tries to start X, the video goes blank and no signal is being sent to my monitor. Haven't had that problem with any version up til this. 3.1 boots up fine as did the other 3.2 versions (although I had and have been having some strange mixture of german/english issues). When booting, it looks like it detects the video card just fine. It also looks like maybe the image for the boot floppy on the English iso is a german boot disk.
In 3.2 ddc probing was improved. However if your monitor does not give the correct values, screen will be blank.
you could try: knoppix noddc or knoppix resolution=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or similar.
cu
Fabian
-
Re: X goes out to lunch with Knoppix 3.2

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
In 3.2 ddc probing was improved. However if your monitor does not give the correct values, screen will be blank.
you could try: knoppix noddc or knoppix resolution=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or similar.
cu
Fabian
noddc worked. Seems like the "old" ddc probe worked better for my system <G>
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: X goes out to lunch with Knoppix 3.2

Originally Posted by
computerguy

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
In 3.2 ddc probing was improved. However if your monitor does not give the correct values, screen will be blank.
you could try: knoppix noddc or knoppix resolution=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or similar.
cu
Fabian
noddc worked
huh, so this is probably a double bug. New DDC detect doesn't detect your monitor correctly, and after testcd the scripts don't run the DDC check...
yes?
Similar Threads
-
By ewangr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00