Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53

    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

    I have kanotix installed and I tried to post this in kanotix forum, However, I couldn't post it there (a 404 php error )

    After I did apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade I got this error:

    Code:
    Preparing to replace xlibmesa-gl 6.8.2.dfsg.1-1 (using .../xlibmesa-gl_6.8.2.dfsg.1-2_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement xlibmesa-gl ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibmesa-gl_6.8.2.dfsg.1-2_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2', which is also in package fglrx-6-8-0
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibmesa-gl_6.8.2.dfsg.1-2_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    I've already use install-radeon-debian.sh

    Thanks, lat.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53

    ** FIXED **

    I got it fixed. Can't remember the command, was something like dpkg -install --force overwrite x.deb

    Moderators: Feel free to delete this thread

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Su returned with an error
    By highlandham in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 02:59 AM
  2. Here is how I fixed 'su returned error' in KDE
    By madman34 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 08:06 AM
  3. apt-get / dpkg error: unable to access dpkg status area
    By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
  4. apt-get problem "returned an error code (1)"
    By migross in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 07:56 AM
  5. Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
    By cookiepuss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



motherboard CPU combo am4 picture

motherboard CPU combo am4

$70.00