Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Woot!~ =) Knoppix will run on my dookie system =)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8

    Woot!~ =) Knoppix will run on my dookie system =)

    Well I have goofed around with Knoppix for alittle bit nothing really except booting it up on a old Gateway 133mhz system and playing the games that it has. However finally I poked around enough and figured out how to install it I have it running on a old Gateway 2000 (p133mhz) system that was giving to me. Anyways I just wanted to say how happy I am and I really think Knoppix is one of, if not the best linux distro. I couldn't install Redhat on this old computer or Libranet Essentials due to errors it encountered everytime they installed. Libranet actually did install all the way however it had problems with the video card and I couldn't get it to run with a GUI even when I changed video cards. Eventually I'll figure out the minor tweaks I need to do, right now it requires a floppy to boot and I know I can change this I opted not to install the bootloader since I dont need any other OS on this system so this might be why? Anyways I'm really happy I got it running on this old system and on another old system (p200mhz) I got Redhat 8.0 running. Once I get comfortable with them on these systems I plan to convert my p3 800mhz system to Linux fully and my p4 1.8ghz to a dual boot Win2k/Linux box.

    Jwilds

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    Not installing the boot loder is definately why. You MUST have a bootlaoder, even windows requires one. It's just that windows uses a proprietary one that just launches windows.

Similar Threads

  1. the best backup system for knoppix?
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:47 PM
  2. System recovery with Knoppix
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 10:27 PM
  3. Will my system run knoppix?? :|
    By darkmaniac in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 05:03 AM
  4. Woot! I'm online! but......
    By jwilds73 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 09:46 PM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks

$199.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$895.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



CCOMMODORE AMIGA A600  picture

CCOMMODORE AMIGA A600

$135.96



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive picture

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

$135.00