-
remastering using iBuild
In the august edition of linux format magazine they mention Intellibuild (iBuild), which supposedly makes creating custom Live Cd's easier (http://ibuild.livecd.net/). There are screenshots and Howtos available with it. Accesses software from Debian. Personally I haven't a clue if it works cos I haven't got that far yet and I am not sure how you would go about adding a non Debian appllication (I need something similar to MS Project and can't find anything on Debian although I found GanttPV, Planner and Gantt Project, which appear to have similar GUI interfaces as MS Project, but do not appear to be in Debian).
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried to contact Ghandalfar? http://www.knoppix.net/forum/profile...profile&u=1509
He is one of the main developers (perhaps the only one) that makes the LiveKiosk at livecd.net.
-
remastering using iBuild
Thanks for replying so quickly.Thought long and hard about writing this, but anyway...!! I have seen the word kiosk before and never known what was meant. After looking up liveCD.net and googling and asking Jeeves I think I am still non the wiser other than the LiveCD may be similar to iBuild in that it helps by remastering (hot/cold??). In which case Ghandalfar could give me info on remastering and/ my college software problem..??
-
PS. Guess I should have checked the Knoppix forum first. (http://www.cclug.org/wiki/Main/KioskMode )
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am not sure how you would go about adding a non Debian appllication
Easiest way would be to package it for Debian then just write simple patch for it. Not so easy would be to write a patch that it would manualy copy it there (maybe via make install?)
Ibuild works, you just have to grasp its concept
Similar Threads
-
By thrustan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:06 PM
-
By grexk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By pureone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99