-
re Difference between the HDD install options?
Well, I have to say that I have tried Debian (sarge), Mandrake, and aLinux, as well as Debian-Like, and Beginner HD installs of
Knoppix. Only the Beginner HD install of Knoppix (3.9) works with all of my hardware. In Debian and the Debian-like installs I have printer problems. In Debian the highest video resolution I can get is 800x600. No driver for my video card. None in Knoppix either but I can go to 1024x768x16m colors. Mandrake and aLinux didn't even get through the install, but locked up part way through.
I did have to get a driver for my Conexant Winmodem, but it works great now. The only remaining problem is that if I configure my local network, I can't access the internet via the modem and Kppp. I think this problem has been mentioned in these forums. Probably will be solved by later versions of pppd.
Anyway, I would rather be able to connect to the internet via modem, than see my laptop hard drive from Linux. I have Win98SE for that.
I know have a second hard drive with 2 Linux partitions, so I may try some other distributions.
TTYL
Similar Threads
-
By stevesr0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
-
By stevesr0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2007, 05:49 AM
-
By sincity2k in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-08-2006, 10:34 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 06:15 AM
-
By cesman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99